Tuesday, November 29, 2011

My favorite Creme de Menthe/Oreo Fudge Ice Cream Pie!

When I started blogging a year ago today I had no clue what direction I was heading into and still don't have a clue.  Story of my life - clueless but happy :)  But, I am having pure fun and that's what counts. Right?  I started with a few recipes and 
today I want to share with you one of my ultimate favorite desserts!  It is pretty simple to make, yet it tastes elegant!  My photograph does not do it justice.   ( The Creme de Menthe syrup just gives this a little different flavor.  And the syrup does not have alcohol so this delicious treat is good to go for everybody!  A great dessert for this Holiday season!


Crème de Menthe/Oreo Fudge
Ice Cream Pie

20 to 30 Oreo cookies
3 squares unsweetened chocolate
1 stick margarine
2 cups powdered sugar
3 eggs, beaten
½ gallon vanilla ice cream
¼ cup crème de menthe syrup


Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan
Crush cookies and evenly line them in the pan
Melt butter and chocolate together. 
Add beaten eggs to mix and stir until thickened
Stir in powdered sugar and mix thoroughly
Pour this evenly over the cookie crumbs
FREEZE THIS AT LEAST ONE HOUR
Soften ½ gallon Ice Cream.
Once soft, stir in ¼ cup Crème de Menthe syrup
Spread over frozen cookie crumb layer
Top with Oreo crumbs
FREEZE OVERNIGHT IF POSSIBLE
Remove from freezer 10 to 15 minutes before serving
Enjoy!

Creme de Menthe syrup can be tough to find in some areas.  I had a tough time this year but finally found it at Caribou Coffee Shop!  I originally found it at World Market. and Starbucks. 
You can add food coloring if you like. 
This is an old recipe that I had before frozen yogurt was available.  I think I might try experimenting with frozen yogurt next time.  


Print this amazing recipe!  It just might change your life.......  Are you ready?


Linking to some wonderful parties!

< Photobucket
The Stuff of Success shabby creek cottage

13 comments:

  1. I finally got around to making this for our supper club over the weekend. A HUGE hit! I love the Creme de Menthe - nice change from Peppermint. And the fudge sauce MADE this happen! Thanks for a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dessert looks fabulous...Also wanted to say thank you for your very sweet comment on my blog and welcome, it is an honor really to have you. I am always humbled when people choose to follow along as I live out my life in Turkey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks yummy - thank you for the nice comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks yummy, thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY 1 YEAR BLOG-A-VERSARY!!!!! :)
    .. and that recipe looks SO yummy!

    Have a great day!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Blog-iversary! Bet you didn't think you'd be doing what you're doing a few years ago :) I'm so ready for this recipe - eat dessert first, right?
    -Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so creamy and rich! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us at the Bunny Hop.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness--I want to make this--NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Looks really good and not to many steps to prepare.

    I think it would also be great for a St. Patrick's day dessert, with the green food coloring added.

    Thanks for sharing this at the Bunny Hop party and don't forget the Christmas Pet Parade starts today!

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is pretty awesome and not difficult to make!! I'll try to make this! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a new follower of your blog by the way :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Creme de methne is my favorite! Will try this one for Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word...this sounds amazing!

    Thank you so much for sharing your talent on “A Little Birdie Told Me…” at Rook No. 17! With all the parties out there to choose from, it means a lot that you take the time be a part of mine! Warmest wishes, Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you are here! Please leave a comment or note or whatever it takes so I can get to know you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover